PDEng candidates (Ontwerper-in-Opleiding) in Industrial Engineering (1.0 fte) (V39.2906)
PDEng candidates (Ontwerper-in-Opleiding) in Industrial Engineering (1.0 fte)
The School of Industrial Engineering is one of the longest-established IE Schools in Europe, with a strong presence in the international research, design, and educa n community, especially in the field of Operations Management and Operations Research. OM and OR are at the core of the undergraduate IE program. The graduate programs (MSc, PDEng, and PhD) in Operations Management & Logistics attract top-level candidates from all over the world. PDEng candidates enroll in the two-year Logistics Management Systems designers program and participate in industrial activities, among others with members of the European Supply Chain Forum.
The OPAC group of the School of Industrial Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology is looking for PDEng candidates to perform a number of top-level science based design projects. The OPAC group conducts design projects in industry, with specific emphasis on:
- Planning and Control in Manufacturing, Services, and Supply Chains;
- Distribution Logistics;
- Maintenance and Reliability;
- Finance and Accounting, oriented towards operational processes.
Design projects are result-oriented and require the development, testing and implementation of tools or techniques that improve the performance of an operational system in practice. All design projects are embedded in SAI, the 4TU Institute for Design, and in Beta, the KNAW-recognized research school for Operations Management & Logistics.
The PDEng candidate is expected to follow 10 months of courses in which design capabilities are developed, and to perform a design project in one of the companies (ASML, NWO projects, etc.).
For this PDEng position, the applicants should have completed (or be close to completion of) a Master's degree in operations management, operations research, econometrics, mathematics, or industrial engineering, with a solid background in quantitative research methods. Candidates should have a good basis in stochastic modeling such as inventory control, quality control, and stochastic processes. Fluency in English is required, demonstrated for instance by a TOEFL score exceeding 100, or an IELTS band of 7.0 (with no partial score below 6.5).
Furthermore, candidates should be highly motivated for a professional career at the different companies. Typically, these companies look for candidates that, besides possessing the necessary intellectual and engineering skills, are extravert and assertive people who are eager to take initiatives, as must be demonstrated by past performance on organizing events etc. in the CV.
Conditions of employment
- a challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious University;
- a PDEng appointment for a period of 20-24 months with a start date at 1 September 2017;
- gross salary of €25.056 per annum (on a full-time basis), this includes 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end of year allowance.
- a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes and excellent sports facilities).
Information and application
Your application must contain the following documents (all in English):
- Cover letter (maximum 2 pages), where you motivate your interest in this vacancy and briefly explain in which ways you represent a good match;
- An extensive curriculum vitae;
- Transcript of your Masters and Bachelor programs (including grades);
- Proof of English language proficiency, such as TOEFL or IELTS;
- Name and contact information of two references.
Please note that a maximum of 5 documents of 2 MB each can be uploaded. If you have more than 5 documents you will have to combine them.
If you are interested, we invite you to apply immediately, and not later than May 15th, 2017. Screening of candidates will commence immediately and will stop once a candidate has been found. Earlier applications thus are more likely to receive consideration. You can send us your application through the online job portal of the TU/e.