Assistant Professor (1,0 fte) Business Information Systems (V39.2915)
Assistant Professor (1,0 fte) Business Information Systems
The department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences (IE&IS) engages in education and research in the area of operational business processes and transitions in societies in relation to technical changes. In the IE&IS department, scholars and students work together on critical problems at the interface of engineering, management, innovation, and human behavior. The department has two schools: the School of Industrial Engineering and the School of Innovation Sciences.
The School of Industrial Engineering is one of the leading IE schools in Europe, with a strong presence in the international research and education community. Within the School of Industrial Engineering four degree programs are taught: BSc in Industrial Engineering & Management Science, MSc in Operations Management & Logistics, MSc in Innovation Management, and PhD in Operations, Logistics and Innovation Management. The School IE also teaches a substantial part of the MSc in Business Information Systems. The research in the School is strongly connected to the Brainport area, the high-tech industrial area around Eindhoven.
The Information Systems group performs research and teaches in business information systems, focusing on advanced support of operational business processes and business services, both within individual organizations and in the context of dynamic networks of organizations. Research aims at decision support systems, design and analysis tools, and information system architectures, using advanced prototypes. The research approach is model-centric and engineering-oriented, integrating basic and applied research with contemporary real-world cases. Main application domains are the services industry, health care, supply chains and logistics, and high-tech manufacturing. The research of the group is organized in an open, topic-oriented, dynamic cluster structure. The group operates in both a strong international research network and an extensive international industry network.
The assistant professor will initiate, perform, and supervise high-quality research in the area of advanced business information systems; teach and co-develop courses in Bachelor and Master Programmes of the School of Industrial Engineering; initiate and contribute to externally funded research projects; assist in the supervision of Ph.D. students and contribute to the management of the group and the department. The assistant professor will be a member of the Information Systems group, the SIKS and BETA research schools.
The assistant professor of Business Information Systems specializes either in business process management, business intelligence (with emphasis on computational intelligence), or business modeling - applied in the design of advanced information systems that support the operation of business organizations and/or agile business networks. The assistant professor knows how to integrate insights from theory and industrial practice. He or she has a strong engineering approach to problem solving.
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- A Ph.D. degree in a relevant field such as computer science, information systems, computational intelligence or business engineering with an IS specialization;
- Published in international journals and conference proceedings of high quality;
- Excellent communication, organization and management skills; excellent mastering of the English language;
- Strong cooperation skills and ability to work in a team;
- Experience in teaching academic courses (preferably in information systems).
Conditions of employment
- a challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious university;
- a full-time temporary appointment for a period of maximum 5 years; after 2 years an assessment regarding your performance will be conducted.
- After 4 years an assessment regarding your performance will be conducted;
- a gross monthly salary of an assistant professor between €3.427 and €5.330 depending on experience and knowledge.
- a yearly holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary;
- a yearly end-of-year allowance of 8.3% of the yearly salary;
- enrolment into a program to acquire an official teaching certification from Dutch Universities (Basic Qualification Teaching) within 3 years;
- broad, attractive package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities);
Information and application
Further information with respect to the signature of the position is available from prof.dr.ir. Uzay Kaymak (email@example.com or +31-40-2472290). Further information concerning employment conditions can be obtained from drs. Kees Deneer, personnel officer IE&IS, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your application must contain the following documents (all in English):
- A letter of interest;
- An extensive curriculum vitae including publication list;
- Research and Teaching Statement
If you are interested, we invite you to apply before 16-05-2017.
Applications send by e-mail will not be accepted.